DIVOGA 8-Pocket Folder

Here's my review of this folder. I really have looked at a lot of these folders lately, and this is clearly the best one I've seen so far. The writing may be a bit over the top, but I believe in this folder, and it is never more than a few feet from me (except when I'm paragliding, of course).

This pocket organizer impresses me with the following qualities:

-- The metal wire binding is smaller and much more robust than the plastic slot-based ones I've found on other similar organizers (some of those didn't even make it to the checkout counter before the tabs had come apart).

-- This is not a cheapie corkscrew/spring binding, but a well-designed 2-coil per hole locked design that feels sturdy, yet accommodates easy movement of the covers and folders

-- The folder opens flat and stays flat, and you won't have to worry about plastic fatigue as you would with the other all-plastic bendy organizers, or the tearing that happens after even moderate use of the paper-based pocket folders.

-- The pockets are attached on three sides, keeping in what you put in them (nothing can slide out the into the middle as happens with the pockets that are only attached at the bottom and the outside edge)

-- The front and back pockets, being part of the cover, are black; but the inside pockets are translucent, so you can easily if a smaller note or sticky note is still in there

-- being metal (the wire binding) and plastic (everything else), this folder can take almost infinite use without scuffing; and will not suffer the indignity of doodles-- the smooth black lightly-textured surface remains clean and new-looking

-- an ebony monolith protecting your contents. This folder is the office supply equivalent of the little black dress: always in style, and useful for so many occasions of varying formality

This product meets all of my needs, and I'll be on the lookout for other Divoga products. (I had not heard of Divoga before yesterday: I am just an office drone who appreciates a stylish and well-designed product).